Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Macca At Safeco Field

Sweet jiminy bitchwhistle...Paul McCartney is playing Safeco Field July 14th.  Decent tickets are going for about $150.00...which leads to a real dilemma for me.  Paul is the last surviving Beatle if you don't count Ringo, but Ringo seems to play local winery shows every other weekend during the summer.  Paul, on the other hand, doesn't get around to this part of the world as much.  I'm really trying to take emotion out of any decision I make concerning this show, so let's break this somnabitch down pros and cons style...

Pros:  This might be Paul's last big tour and I don't think I should miss out, Paul's big hits with the Beatles and Wings are real crowd pleasers, he's still using the kick ass backing band he threw together 12 years ago, I've never seen any of the Beatles live...

Cons:  Jeebus, $150.00 is a lot of bones to pay to see a guy that struggles to hit notes, there's a chance he plays 'Say, Say, Say' or any other track off of the dismal 'Pipes Of Peace' album from 1983, he looked and sounded horrible at the recent Grammy awards, a lot of Paul's solo work without Wings is crap...

I think this is going to come down to me sleeping on it.  Prince played the Showbox recently and I passed on dropping $250 to see him with his new band in a small venue.  I've regretted that decision ever since, even though I'm glad my bank account isn't $250 lighter.  How much of missing that show is playing into me wanting to see McCartney?  Probably quite a bit...

Maybe I'll just watch 'A Hard Day's Night' and throw back a few drinks instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment