Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Posting To Show I Still Care

Yeah, about posting...that hasn't been happening, now has it?  Turns out it's a lot easier to post to FB or Twitter, especially from an iPhone. 

Anyhoo - what's been going down?  Let me take you back a few weeks...I am not what you would call a fan of electronic dance music.  In fact, I pretty much detest it and have since the days it was called house, electronica, and techno.  See, I like my music to contain this crazy thing called melody and feeling and, oh, I don't know...actual musicianship.  EDM possesses none of those traits, it's just layers of music on top of one another and then set to 120 BPM...oh, and the drop...according to EDM fans it's 'all about the drop'.  So, yeah...what was I doing at an EDM show?  Trying to be a good sport and also checking out first hand what all the fuss was about.  I attended BT's show at Q on Capitol Hill last month and it was...loud.  Which of course makes me sound like Grandpa Taylor, but the noise was uneffingrelenting...and the music itself just wasn't good.  Plus, for the genre being called electronic dance music, there wasn't much dancing...just lots of hopping around...or the occasional dosed out of his head pear shaped geek flailing about in a somewhat spastic manner...but no dancing.  Maybe the dance portion of EDM is ironic in meaning...?

Oh, electronic dance music also kills dolphins.  Dolphins!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment