Thursday, August 1, 2013

Running Down A Dream

Apparently, there are a couple of folks out there that don't appreciate my uploading of runs on Facebook.  I get that as I don't always appreciate uplifting quotes about rainbows and gumdrops and pictures of the goddam salad you had for lunch.  However, I just move past those posts and onto the next one.  No biggie.  If you happen to be one of the individuals that dislike the Runtastic uploads about my sh*tty run that day, defriend me or block my posts...easy peasy lemon squeezy, people....

So, why do I post the runs to Facebook?  Accountability...that's really it.  Having Runtastic track and upload my runs is motivating, there is a record that keeps me honest and monitors my progress for the week.  Runtastic has helped me stay on course and also assisted me in setting proper limits and goals for myself.  I've started fitness quests before, and they have all ended in failure or injury or both.  Sharing my runs and receiving feedback and tips has been awesome for me.  A year ago I couldn't run 2 miles in 24 minutes, in a couple of weeks I should be able to run 3 miles in under 27 minutes.  I've dropped 15 lbs, cut two inches off my waist and clothes I haven't worn in years now fits.  I'm happy, I'm making progress, Runtastic has been an integral tool in this journey.

I still have another 20 or so elbees to drop, that means I'm going to keep running and working in tabata workouts throughout the week.  I'm going to keep posting my progress good and bad.  You don't have to read about them if you don't want, just like I don't have to read your post about candy crapping unicorns and hummingbirds spreading love and joy like so much avian flu.  We good now, bro?  

1 comment:

  1. I'm always amazed by people who complain about stuff that they have complete control over. Like you said - not interested in reading a post on facebook well, then DON'T READ IT. It's not rocket science people. Sheesh.

    And good for you Jesse. I'm glad that you found something that works for you. :)

    ReplyDelete