Monday, July 30, 2012

Cable Alternatives

It's that time of year again, folks...that time when I start looking over our finances and bills and start wondering where to trim costs.  Right now, I'm looking right at you Comcast/Xfinity.  Sadly, I can't kill my cable internet connection as work has specific requirements for high speed connections.  Plus, DSL blows and the jokers from CenturyLink hosed my neighbor over so eff them...so I have to keep Comcast cable internet.

What I don't need to keep is Comcast/Xfinity cable TV.  If it were up to me I would whack every premium channel we have and use Netflix to supplement.  Stuff like Roku has appeal, but I wouldn't be able to watch NFL games at home.  DirecTV doesn't play well with cable internet due to some odd wiring at the house...so, I turn to you faithful 9 readers...what does your TV setup consist of?  Do you use Roku or Hulu?  How well does it work?

I plan on calling Comcast today to downgrade our service, like giving up one of the DVRs and cutting the premium channels, especially since Game Of Thrones is on hiatus and I have no idea when Boardwalk Empire is set to resume (oh crapola, season three of Boardwalk Empire starts in September).  Anyhow, I need to scale back because our cable bill is the equivalent of a used car payment ($200 a month...I didn't say an expensive used car, now did I?)    

1 comment:

  1. It's difficult to find knowledgeable people about this topic, but you sound like you know what you're talking about!
    Thanks
    My weblog :: How To Remove Email From Spam List

    ReplyDelete