Monday, June 27, 2011

All Summer Long

Kid Rock is not a favorite of mine. When he burst onto the scene with his, um...special blend of rap and metal, I wasn't impressed. His fan base seemed to be comprised of people that thought Limp Bizkit was too highbrow. Kid Rock made music for meatheads. He's somehow managed to stick around by morphing into some kind of southern rock statesman and has been taken in by the country music establishment. Maybe they believe he gives Dierks Bentley street cred or something. I'm not sure...is there someone we can ask?

Anychiz, about 99.9% of the time I kind of wish someone would beat Kid Rock within an inch of his life with a burlap sack filled with frozen Cornish game hens. I dislike him as an 'artist' that much...but then he went and recorded 'All Summer Long', one of the best summer time songs I can remember. I don't forgive Kid Rock for the crimes against humanity he unleashed upon the world up until 'All Summer Long' came out last year (or was it the year before?), but the burlap sack used to pummel him can be lightened by a hen or two...and maybe a wing from a third. The rest stay to extract payment for 'Bawitdaba'.....

When I can conjure any sort of motivation, I'll post my 5 favorite 'Summer Songs'...maybe even before summer ends!

*Sings to self...'drinkin' whiskey out the bottle...'

No comments:

Post a Comment