Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Flogging A Dead Horse

Okay, this will be my last Starbucks rant for a while. I promise, mainly because I am going to stop going there, even when the Keurig at work is broken...which is most of the time.

Oh, International District Starbucks staff...why is it so hard for you to figure out what should come naturally to you? The trains arrive at the same time each and every day give or take 5 minutes. That means at pretty much the same time every goddamn morning on every goddamn day there is going to be a goddamn rush of customers. Why do you choose these predictable and consistent rush times to send staff on break and/or to restock the one and only cream/sugar station in the store? Why don't you, oh, I don't know...make sure everything is stocked before each rush and remain fully staffed for when it is busy at the same f*cking time every morning?!?!?!? It really isn't that hard to figure out, for effs sake I put together a schedule for you in my head just sitting here...and I'm mildly retarded. Get it together, ID Starbucks!!!!

On a completely different note, I can't be trusted to make smart lunch decisions these days. I forgot to take lunch in today, so I ventured out to grab something to eat...because God forbid I miss a f*cking meal and waste away. Anycrap, the problem is that I fell off my healthy eating habit in a big way. All the weight I dropped a few weeks back has worked its way back into my life, mainly because I get sucked into eating really sh*tty food at Uwajimaya. That place blows, but it is cheap and convenient, two things that appeal to me. So, there I was this afternoon with no lunch and no motivation to go to Pike Place for a piece of fruit or Mel's for a salad. Instead, I ended up eating my body weight in rice, breaded chicken of questionable quality, and MSG laden Mongolian beef. It was a tragedy and I felt terrible afterward, so I wound up hoofing it to the waterfront to clear the crappy lunch haze from my head. And it worked, for the most part, but when I returned to work all slick with flop sweat from my walk and smelling vaguely of an Asian deep fat fryer, I was overcome with guilt and shame...shame for being so inefficient and lazy for falling into a lunch rut that is really, really bad for me. It needs to stop.

There, now I feel better for getting that off my chest...pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment