Monday, April 9, 2012

More Random Stuff...

...yeah, I know these posts are kind of a cheap way for me to add content, but it is pretty much all I've got right now...

A woman patron at the Starbucks by my office this morning stunk to high heaven and beyond. Her BO was so bad I think I let out a scream when she took up next to me at the cream/sugar station. I've ridden many buses/trains/taxis, so I am more than familiar with BO...but this lady...she smelled the way I think John the Baptist would have smelled like, what with his diet of locusts and wild honey and wandering in the desert wearing animal pelts. She looked normal enough, but the stink was ungodly. It was all I could do to complete my very simple coffee routine, but the odor was so offensive I didn't get through it without incident. I spilled half & half everywhere because my brain was shutting down my extremities to deal with the psychic pain the stink was inflicting upon me. Then I got crossed up trying to add Equal to my coffee...instead of ripping the two packages open and dumping them in my coffee, I threw the Equal into the garbage and the shreds of paper into my cup. At that point I decided to escape before her BO permeated my clothes.

You know what would be nice? Never seeing Ashton Kutcher on TV ever again. He's a dolt, and absolute doorknob with nothing interesting to say...yet, there he is, dumbing up music documentaries and Walter Payton retrospectives with his idiocy. Never has someone with so little talent been given so many opportunities.

Lamar Odom has been effectively cut by the Dallas Mavericks. Odom had a rough off-season, but that's no excuse to show up completely out of shape and then mope around the court and not do his job. He's a former 6th man of the year, a 6'10 forward with a unique skill set, but he squandered his chance to be a difference make in Dallas. Instead, he'll sit the rest of the year, gorging himself on candy and becoming a diabetic. The good news is that his wife, Khloe Kardashian, has been cast in Harry and the Henderson's 2 as the love interest of Harry, the squatch with a heart of gold from the first film.

Madonna found a cheap way to gin up album sales for her latest offering, 'MDNA'. Fools...I mean, fans...received a copy of the album for each ticket they bought to her overpriced upcoming tour. Last week, Madonna used this kinda sorta scam to 'sell' 359k copies of her album. This week, with no gimmick to shift units, 'MDNA' plummeted 88%, the second biggest drop in chart history. Madonna has been irrelevant to me since 'Ray Of Light', that was the last track of hers I liked. What I've heard off of 'MDNA' isn't good. At all. It sounds like a fifty something trying to get all 21 Jump Street and down with the kids, which is always embarrassing.

By the way, the CD isn't dead yet. Adele sold over 4 million copies of her latest album on CD, 1.8 million people digitally downloaded it. The shiny discs might be around a wee bit longer.

There's a rumor floating around that Tom Cruise is in discussions to play a 'Kurt Cobain type' in yet another reboot/remake of 'A Star Is Born'. If this is true...well, if true I don't know what to think. Cruise was somewhere south of okay as Lestat, the blonde vampire that dressed like Adam Ant in 'Interview With The Vampire'. Cruise as a 'Kurt Cobain type' sounds like a train wreck. Now, if they said he was going to portray a Scott Stapp like d-bag, it would be much more believable.

Take it light!

No comments:

Post a Comment