Tuesday, June 26, 2012

King Of The Road!

I'm starting to get excited about our road trip to Southern California. It's been 20 years since the last time I made what used to be a routine drive up and down I-5 for me. Back in my Air Force days I became an expert at driving from Edwards AFB out in the middle of the Mojave to Port Orchard and back again. I would sometimes make that drive on a long weekend, leave from California at 4:30 and drive Def Leppard style on through the night and arrive in PO the next afternoon...yeah, I was a mess from all the Mountain Dew and Vivarin that kept me awake...but I'd take a quick nap and then meet up with my friends. I'd hang with them for a day and a half and then make the long drive back. My fear of flying allowed me to justify the ridiculous amount of driving I did...but it was fun, except for the time I'm pretty sure I was abducted by aliens in Weed, CA and woke up in Medford, OR...it was aliens or driving on pure instinct because I just remember having to pull over because I had no idea what happened during the block of time.

There will be none of that this trip. We'll be stopping just south of Redding for some pool time and to get some sleep so everyone will be in tip top shape for the second half of the trip to SoCal. We'll be staying at the Anaheim Hilton upon arrival and then hitting Disneyland for three days of park hopping and line waiting fun in the sun. Good times, good times....

No comments:

Post a Comment