Monday, June 10, 2013

Kung Fu Fighting

Is MMA still a thing that people get excited about and order on PPV and have friends over to watch and shite like that?  I went through an MMA phase near the end of the Tito Ortiz era and followed it closely.  Then Brock Lesnar came along, bringing with him an element of WWE boneheaded idiocy and that was that. 

So, anyway - MMA...I received a flier in the mail today for a new MMA fight center opening up somewhere around me.  The flier said I could train to fight or just train to train as if I were going to fight without actually fighting.  No where in the pamphlet was their a fight to train option mentioned, which is too bad because I'm guessing that would be one sporty workout.

Say what you will about MMA, those guys are in shape.  It takes a lot of cardiovascular endurance to keep another man from submitting you by forcibly placing you in a rear naked choke...and reading those words out loud might sound like rough trade, but it's completely straight.  Honest.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment