Tuesday, November 3, 2009

20 Years Of Bleach

Sub Pop released a 20th Anniversary remastered deluxe version of Nirvana's 'Bleach' today, 11/3/09. A second disc is included, a full show recorded in 1990 at the Pine Street Theater in Portland, OR.

'Bleach' is my fave Nirvana album, with 'In Utero', 'Incesticide', and 'Nevermind' falling in behind. Although 'About A Girl' was pummelled into the ground after the 'Unplugged' session, the overall exposure of 'Bleach' was minimal....so I am not sick and tired of hearing songs off this album. Also, unlike 'Nevermind', it has not been set in the amber of the early 1990's alterna moment...so it doesn't sound nearly as dated. Still, I'm not sure if I'll pick this disc up....If I couldn't be bothered to buy remastered Beatles CDs I doubt I'll muster the consumer beast that lurks within to repurchase an album I already own in two different formats...

No recess!

No comments:

Post a Comment