Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Towering Inferno

I was one of the 1100 Puget Sound Energy customers that was without power today. Yep, that's right...on one of the hottest days of the year the power went out in our building. No air circulated, the elevators were shut down....and before too long the entire floor got kind of rank.

Puget Sound Energy gave us a ETR of 12:30pm, but promptly changed that to 1:30....then 2:30. In the meantime, I began to sweat...a lot. The heat I could stand, but the sweating was kind of gross. I mean, I drink close to a gallon of water a day, so my body has no problem when it comes to sweating to cool off.

After a while my shirt got kind of clingy, so I had to buy a new one. I may not be the fashion plate I once was, but criminey, I'm not going through the day with a sweaty shirt. I walked to Bellevue Square, which is only about a 4 block walk, but by the time I got there I was literally drenched.

No one really went out of their way to help me or ask if I needed to try anything on at Macy's, and that's probably because I looked like a complete and total freak. Being Macy's, there was a totally sweet 1 day event taking place, therefore I not only took 50% off the regular price, but an additional 40% from that! A shirt that was normally 50 bucks cost me something like 14 bones after tax. That's a win for everyone! Macy's gets to move somewhat ironic sweatshop made merchandise, I get a nice new shirt on the cheap, and no one at work has to witness me looking like I should be serving gyro's from a donkey pulled cart (Greek dudes are sweaty, yes?).

Power was restored around 2 pm (PSE tried the underpromise/over deliver routine and failed...sorry fellas, you can't claim victory with a moving target), but by then the AC was so far behind that it will probably need to run all night to keep bitching at a minimum tomorrow.

So, that was my day...

No comments:

Post a Comment