Monday, October 19, 2009

Nike Pegasus '83

The conversion to barefoot running has been interesting. While my knees, shins, and back all feel much better than they did when I ran with a heel strike, the same can't be said for the bottom of my feet. The blisters have just been unrelenting.

So, I'm back to wearing shoes, but not modern running shoes with mass amounts of padding in the heels and motion control. Nope, I'm going with some old school Nike Pegasus with the waffle sole and low-profile heel. This should help keep some semblance of the barefoot running style that I am now using.

I looked into POSE running as well, but good criminey, it sounds like a tough, tough transition...and with all the hamstring issues I've had I am not sure if POSE would work for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment